Outdoor Living at Home
If you are like most homeowners, you want to make good use of your entire home, inside and out. More and more people are remodeling or building homes with a greater emphasis on outdoor living spaces, like patios, decks, porches, sunrooms, and more.
- Have you ever dreamed of having a porch or veranda where you could sip your favorite beverage while swinging on a traditional porch swing?
- If you had a screened porch, would you relax there because you could be outside without the bother of insects or the weather?
- Could a portico give your home more curb-appeal by creating a stately look and also help you transition into the house during inclement weather?
- Have you thought about how much easier it would be to entertain on your deck if it was equipped with an outdoor kitchen and/or fire pit?
- Have you considered how a hardscaped patio could provide an area to entertain guests next to an in-ground pool, as well as reduce the dirt tracked into the house?
We find that renovation projects often involve opening up and integrating the kitchen or family room with an adjacent deck or patio. One way this can be done is by having an entire wall of modern, energy efficient glass doors. (These are not your old-fashioned sliding glass patio doors.) Some of these new doors practically disappear when they’re opened. This allows your interior rooms to merge beautifully with the outdoor space and make your home feel larger. Whether you’re doing outside grilling or indoor baking, the spaces can flow seamlessly so you enjoy the best of both worlds.
Outdoor Living Options Abound
Besides porches, decks and patios, more people are building outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, outdoor bars, and even full outdoor kitchens. Kitchens with sinks, ranges, high-end grills, refrigerators, ice machines, dishwashers, and more that let you do much more than just grilling.
With today’s modern gas heaters and specialty outdoor air conditioning units, you can comfortably use your outdoor living spaces all year-round. With imaginative lighting, as dim or bright as you want, you can create a wonderful, magical place to enjoy your evenings outside under the stars. With covered porches, retractable awnings, or gazebos, even rain need not keep you from enjoying your home’s outdoor spaces.
Pools and spas are also popular, allowing you to enjoy swimming or soaking in the privacy and convenience of your own back yard.