Staying Cool, Calm, and Collected!
Some people find that remodeling their home is fun and exciting – making big plans, dreaming about how it will look, selecting design options, picking colors and fixtures, and then watching as your house is transformed. But if you’re someone who finds making design and remodeling-related decisions stressful, and the thought of having people working in your home is anxiety-producing, have no fear! Though you may have heard horror stories of remodeling projects that have gone bad, we have some tips that can get you through the process — large project or small – without waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. We can take the stress out of remodeling.
1. Priorities. Start by making a list of changes you’d like in your home and then put the items in order of importance: what you must have, what you’d like to have and what you’d like but can live without. A clear idea of your priorities and budget helps everyone know what to expect. We’ll design a plan for your project based on what’s most important to you, so that you’ll have NO surprises.
2. References. Talk to people who have remodeled to find out if they loved their contractor and would refer them. Hearing someone’s personal experience can be one of the most helpful factors in giving you a solid basis for making a decision. Think about the importance of the trust factor: learn about the contractor’s licenses, insurance, professional affiliations, certifications and more. We’re happy to have you talk to clients we’ve worked with in the past.
3. Design Guidance. There will be lots of decisions to make during the design and remodeling process. Getting the fine details of a design just right is important. We are always willing to provide you our expert guidance in both design and construction, even if you’re feeling overwhelmed or confused trying to select light fixtures or faucets. With the comfort of knowing you are getting the best advice and making the right decisions, any stress you might otherwise have can be greatly reduced – if not eliminated.
4. Communication. The ability to get questions and concerns addressed quickly during a remodeling project is extremely important and calms any fears you may have. We let you know what to expect at each step and what information we need from you. We put an emphasis on clear communications not only between our staff and you, but also among our staff members and our specialty trade contractors.
5. Type of Process. We offer the “TruYou Design Build” remodeling process for homeowners who would like the peace of mind, simplicity and ease of working with one trusted company from concept to completion and a single company that will be responsible to solve any issues relating to the project. We believe our “TruYou Design Build” process is less stressful for most homeowners and can take the stress out of remodeling projects.
We know our reputation depends not only on providing you with a beautiful, well built, trouble-free project but also on making sure your remodeling experience with us is so good you are comfortable – maybe even eager – to use us in the future and recommend us to your friends.
If you would like to lessen your chance of getting stressed out by your next home remodeling effort, be sure and contact us about the project. Don’t sweat the small stuff; let us do that for you!